PurAmino is a hypoallergenic, iron fortified, amino acid-based infant formula used for infants and toddlers with severe cow’s milk protein allergies, and other food allergies. It also is suitable for conditions such as protein maldigestion, malabsorption/chronic diarrhea, short bowel syndrome & eosinophilic esophagitis. It contains DHA & ARA, important fatty acid nutrients that nourish brain and eye development for your baby. PurAmino can provide a sole source of nutrition for infants up to age 6 months and provide a major source of nutrition through 24 months of age, when indicated. Normally, in feeding infants, gradual introduction of solid foods after 4-6 months of age is an important developmental as well as nutritional step. In cases of severe and multiple food allergies or intolerances, PurAmino is sometimes continued as a milk substitute in the diet of children. This and similar supplemental use of PurAmino in the diet beyond 24 months of age may make a significant contribution to maintenance of good nutrition. PurAmino is created by the maker of Nutramigen-the #1 recommended brand* for managing infants who are allergic to cow’s milk protein***. ***By pediatricians who recommend a specific formula. *Enfamil is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand of Infant Formula – QuintilesIMS, using the ProVoice Survey fielded from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
- PurAmino is a hypoallergenic, iron-fortified, and amino acid-based formula for the dietary management of infants and toddlers with severe cow’s milk protein & multiple food allergies
- Also suitable for conditions such as protein maldigestion, malabsorption/chronic diarrhea, short bowel syndrome & eosinophilic esophagitis
- PurAmino can be an infant’s sole nutrition source through 6 months of age, and be a major supplemental nutrition source up to 2 years old
- Nutritionally complete formula for infants and toddlers 0-24 months with DHA and ARA, nutrients also found in breast milk that promote brain and eye development
- PurAmino is created by Enfamil, the maker of Nutramigen-the #1 recommended brand* for managing infants who are allergic to cow’s milk protein***